Saturday, December 9, 2017

Day #8, Wrapping Things Up

     I finished the Boxy Stars quilt top this morning. I'm thinking of doing a pieced back. I have some leftover 108" wide  fabric in a subtle tan tonal floral and a long strip of a Moda Kansas Troubles print. If I make a few extra boxy star blocks I should be good to go.  Striped border look familiar? It was left over from my nephew's quilt back and borders, and I still have about a 6" strip left, so you just might see it AGAIN in another quilt or two.


     I also did some beading on my wreath. I'll post another picture when it's beaded and quilted, but here it is, sans beads.


    The adorable background fabric is from Ink & Arrow. This was made in a fun workshop with Judy Lancaster last month. I saved just enough of the darker green fabric ("Ombre Scroll" by Quilting Treasures) for binding, but all the rest of both greens was put to use in my poinsettia ornaments.


     Having vintage 3-armed pole lamps all over the house is perfect for hanging ornaments out of the way while the glue dries. I also loop my binding and border strips over them.


No comments:

Post a Comment