Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Autumn Interlude

     Yes
, I'm alive and well. Quilt show season is over, and it was a good one. The newest patterns all sold well, and I nearly ran out of my initial order of periwinkle templates (placing an order tonight).
I'm bowled over by the response to this template /pattern set- not only how well it's selling, but the response from quilters has been GREAT! They love how easily the pieces fit perfectly together.


Random Acts of Scrappiness- I was unable to take a decent photo in time for the shows, but the virtual quilt picture I substituted in the meantime didn't appear to hurt sales. This is a scrappy or fat quarter-friendly quilt, and I offer it as a laminated pattern.

Focus on Fun is another easy laminated pattern. Two yards of a fun focus fabric and a bunch of scraps make a huge "lap" quilt.

Jelly Donuts is a quilt for the slightly more advanced quilter. One jelly roll, two border fabrics, and VIOLA! The hardest part about making this quilt was coming up with a name for it.

     Branching out into a small line of wool felt kits was an opportunity that just happened to come my way, and I was able to take advantage of it. I named the line "Pearl Prynne's Pretties" after one of my favorite characters in American literature- the little girl in "The Scarlet Letter".

Merry Beluga Christmas!

     I came home to a couple days off, then back to work, working for two while my co-worker was on vacation. Now my mind is racing thinking about new patterns. My 2016 season starts in early March, and I have a couple projects in stages of "almost done"- quilts that just didn't get done in time for my fall shows. I'm forcing myself to complete one before I start a new project.

     Remember my late spring purging project? And how I "organized" my scraps?
     I did manage to use up quite a bit of scraps. I made one quilt top (in my TBQ- to be quilted-pile) that ended up being 80" square. I made a pile of smaller items for a friend's holiday crafts open house this weekend- six table runners, two baby quilts and an apron, plus a pile of Kanzashi ornaments. I made a couple of blocks for a group quilt. I took the uglies to quilt shows to use for demos. I remade Jelly Donuts in scrappy Christmas prints...  
     AND I HAVE MORE SCRAPS THAN I STARTED WITH!

No comments:

Post a Comment